Monday, January 31, 2011

Maryland Committee comments "What is an American?"


Katie’s essay includes good examples as America operates like a big ship and every sailor (citizen) has a job or to complete their obligation.  Katie also mentions the freedom and how people can express their opinions without any fear of punishment.  I liked these points she pointed out, but he essay could be elaborated more and add details rather than generalization.  I really liked Austin’s essay it is well explained and clear to understand.  The freedom and independence in America, the federal and state laws, the distinct classes in U.S. tells a lot of information.  The format of his writing is great and accomplishes the main purpose also tells the history of immigration and current conditions.  David’s essay expresses how America is conveyed through the news media and by other countries.  David’ telling the history of past wars changed America and learned from the mistakes.  I like how David describes how Americans are not as what the media says. The format is good but could be more of the present day America as giving information on what to expect to a possible immigrant.        Brad’s Essay meets the letter format but the font is too small to read.  Overall I enjoyed the essay; he made good points about being an American.  Brad used his Boy Scout law experience to describe what an American is.  The eleven points he described are true American values.  I know I do most of them automatically and reading this made me aware of the things I could do more often.  I think the essay gives good description to what an American is, but it might also help to add more information about the Country.   These are the completed essay posts except for Gregory’s from my committee of correspondence Maryland.  I will add the one when Gregory’s essay post is completed.  It is interesting to read others opinion and what it means to them to be an American. 

No comments:

Post a Comment