Thursday, April 14, 2011

Learning Reflection

Week Twelve

a.  At what moment did you feel most engaged with your learning for the week?  Be specific.  Was it while reading, writing for the online discussion forum, while thinking about the class, or while talking to others about it?   Why was this the moment when you felt most engaged?


I felt most engaged this week while writing about Democratic Discourse in D.F.  As well as how to improve the second Constitution, this was difficult to answer and I said I wouldn’t change anything .  Also the Obama administration is working on very important reform which is Higher Education and to make it affordable to all Americans. 

b.  The Enlightenment helped introduce the “how-to genre” and the idea that individuals can make their own lives better through reason, rational discussion, and virtue. What are you learning about the Enlightenment, ideas of self-improvement, and yourself as you work on your virtues.   

I learned about the Enlightenment how they made their lives better, improved and change through reason, debate and discussions.  The self improvement ideas and virtues is I think timeless and will work for generations to come.  Personally it helps me to recognize what I need to change and work on self improvement.

c.  As you have participated in literary discussion and rational, democratic debate, what have you learned about both either this or last week?

I have learned that democratic debates and literary discussions led to where we are today and didn’t start until 1750’s.  Rational debates gives an individual’s right for free speech and his/her own opinion.  As I understood women were not allowed to participate in most debates and no voting rights but changed afterward.

d. What action did the professors or another student take that you found most helpful or affirming?
 N/A

e. What action did anyone take that you found most puzzling or confusing?  Why?  How did you overcome your confusion?
none 

f.  What about the reading and discussion has surprised you?


I was surprised when I first read Madison’s Federalist #10 about “Factions” I didn’t know how I could interpret and grasp his points.  After reading it twice and read others blog post it helped.


No comments:

Post a Comment