Monday, January 24, 2011

Eng. 241. Week Two Reflection


A) At what moment did you feel most engaged with what you were learning?  Be specific.  Was it while reading, writing for the online discussion forum, while thinking about the class, or while talking to others about it?   Why was this the moment when you felt most engaged?

B) At what moment did you feel most distant from what the class was doing and what you were learning?  Again, be specific and explain why.

C) What action did the professors or another student take that you found most helpful or affirming?

D) What action did anyone take that you found most puzzling or confusing?  Why?  How did you overcome your confusion?

E) What about the reading and discussion has surprised you?



A)    I felt most engaged when Dr. Brandon was lecturing specially about the (Native Indians) Cherokee story telling tradition, and how they solve a problem comparing to Europeans.  I am interested to know and learn American History and it is part of this class. I was also interested and engaged when listening Early American songs, e.g. “Battle Hymn of  the Republic” 
B)    I have not felt distant in class from what the class was doing or learning so far.  I had a little bit of a challenge trying to interpret while reading the “Letter 111” and the Poem.
C)    Since it is only two weeks there hasn’t been that kind of action from teacher or student.  I want to say though I like how Dr. Brandon encourages us to ask questions and learn from each other’s opinions and discussion online or in classroom.
D)    Like I mentioned above there hasn’t been any incident so far where someone took action to help solve confusion.  I look forward to that in the future where we feel comfortable to learn from one another and help when it is needed. 
E)     The reading wasn’t a surprise because I expected it would be difficult to comprehend.  I didn’t think I would like reading “Letter 111” but as I read slowly and repeatedly it became interesting. I could relate to what he is trying to tell about America but in different time and style of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment